Gosnell Big Woods Preserve Trails
|Printable Map||Satellite Map|
Click on the following links for slideshows:
- Big Field Trail is a 1.2 mile trail that follows the permeter of the field. The trailhead is the newly built parking lot at the corner of Vosburg Road and Drumm Road. This trail provides beautiful views of the grassland field and wildflowers. Walks on this trail may include seeing turkeys, deer and a variety of birds.
- Big Woods Trail is a 0.8 mile trail that starts from the Big Field Trail 0.2 mile north of the parking lot. In an effort to not disturb the natural character of the woods, there are no blazes to mark the trail and minimal trail clearing. The trail is easy to follow and the reward is the spectacular beauty of the “Big Woods”.
- Ridge Trail is a short (0.15 mile) trail connecting the Big Woods Trail and Pellett Road. It provides a connection to the White Trail in the Whiting Road Nature Preserve.
- Meadow Trail is a 0.5 mile trail that starts from the Big Field Trail 0.1 mile north of the parking lot. It goes east into a small meadow and then loops back to the west through woods connecting to the Big Woods Trail between the Big Field Trail and the Overlook Trail.
- For those that may not wish to walk the Big Woods Trail, there is the short Overlook Trail which ends at an overlook that can provide you with a sense of the open woods. The short Vosburg Hollow Nature Trail at the southwest corner of the preserve will soon tie into the trail in Vosburg Hollow and connect the preserve with the Vosburg Hollow Nature Trail and the Hojack Trail.
MOTORIZED VEHICLES ARE PROHIBITED ON ALL TRAILS
HORSEBACK RIDING AND CYCLING IS PROHIBITED ON THE BIG WOODS TRAIL AND THE RIDGE TRAIL